Saturday, September 10, 2011

Down on the Farm

Emma has two very good friends. Their names are
Audrey and Caleb.
They live nextdoor to us. And Emma loves them :)

We went to the American West Heritage Center with them. It is a "living replica" of a a farm in the 1800's.
We got to ride a train.

And we learned how to do laundry back in the day. And can I just tell you, am I ever grateful that I do not have to unsew and resew the buttons onto every single piece of clothing each time I do the laundry. Not to mention haul water, agitate each batch of laundry by hand a minimum of 200 times per load, and hang it all out to dry. YUCK!

We saw the chickens and helped collect some of their eggs.

We saw some cows and even got to try to help milk one :)

Emma Rode a Pony for the very first time. She wasn't quite sure about it, but she was brave and stuck it out. Caleb and Audrey were good horse riders too :)

It was a fun day at the farm with friends.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute post!

Sarah said...

You guys could practically run a farm now. ;)