Our little girl takes after her daddy. She LOVES camping. (mommy likes it ok too)
She loves exploring. There are all kinds of neat things to check out. Rocks and pinecones and long grass. And in the process, you get really
DIRTY!
(Don't you think this picture looks just like one of those "feed the children" comercials? I love it:)
If you know me well, you may know that I LOVE marshmallows.

You may also know that I HATE deer.

The experience we had camping did nothing to help foster a good relationship between me and the 4 legged brainless wonders.
When we woke up on Saturday morning, Jacob was off taking care of something, so Emma and I decided to get started on breakfast. I had my back turned to Emma while I was looking for something, and all of the sudden she began very loudly saying MOOOOO! MOOOO! I turned around to see what she was talking about just in time to see a flash of brown fur go behind our tent.
At this point I am thinking "oh great". I was kind of a little apprehensive at this point as I had no idea what furry creature was in my camp and what the heck it was going to do. I decided to peek around the tent and see what it was. It was a deer.

I HATE DEER! They are always showing up where it's the very most inconvenient and ruining stuff (like cars, gardens, bird feeders, ect) Well this one was no exception.
Bambie had made off with a brand new bag of MY jumbo marshmallows. You just don't mess with MY marshmallows. At this point, I didn't want them anymore since they were covered in deer slobber. But, though I hate deer, I didn't want the stupid thing to get sick from trying to eat a plastic bag full of marshmallows.
Bambi didn't want to let go of the marshmallows. She bounded off a little ways and resumed trying to eat the bag which was still in her mouth. At this point I was getting ever more annoyed with the stupid thing. Chasing a deer who stole my marshmallows was not on my preparing breakfast check list. Not to mention that I was still trying to watch Emma at the same time.
I finally got the stupid thing to drop the bag. It was then retrieved. But that Bambi was a persistent one. She never went very far the whole rest of the day. She would walk by every so often pretending to nibble on leaves and such. I am almost sure this is what she was saying:
If you know me well, you may know that I LOVE marshmallows.

You may also know that I HATE deer.
The experience we had camping did nothing to help foster a good relationship between me and the 4 legged brainless wonders.
When we woke up on Saturday morning, Jacob was off taking care of something, so Emma and I decided to get started on breakfast. I had my back turned to Emma while I was looking for something, and all of the sudden she began very loudly saying MOOOOO! MOOOO! I turned around to see what she was talking about just in time to see a flash of brown fur go behind our tent.
At this point I am thinking "oh great". I was kind of a little apprehensive at this point as I had no idea what furry creature was in my camp and what the heck it was going to do. I decided to peek around the tent and see what it was. It was a deer.
I HATE DEER! They are always showing up where it's the very most inconvenient and ruining stuff (like cars, gardens, bird feeders, ect) Well this one was no exception.
Bambie had made off with a brand new bag of MY jumbo marshmallows. You just don't mess with MY marshmallows. At this point, I didn't want them anymore since they were covered in deer slobber. But, though I hate deer, I didn't want the stupid thing to get sick from trying to eat a plastic bag full of marshmallows.
Bambi didn't want to let go of the marshmallows. She bounded off a little ways and resumed trying to eat the bag which was still in her mouth. At this point I was getting ever more annoyed with the stupid thing. Chasing a deer who stole my marshmallows was not on my preparing breakfast check list. Not to mention that I was still trying to watch Emma at the same time.
I finally got the stupid thing to drop the bag. It was then retrieved. But that Bambi was a persistent one. She never went very far the whole rest of the day. She would walk by every so often pretending to nibble on leaves and such. I am almost sure this is what she was saying:
"hey guys. I'm not trying to get those marshmallows. These leaves are great. Those marshmallows aren't around here are they? No? Good cuz I wasn't trying to get them anyway. Hey, do you mind if I look around over here? Ya know, just to make sure the marshmallows aren't still around?"
And for those of you who have romanticized deer, I have news for you. They are gross dirty mangy things. They are not cute. They are not cuddly. They look like kangaroo heads attached to 4 legs. They really do.




4 comments:
Haha how funny! And that picture really does look like a feed the children picture!
Darn Bambi, nabbing those marshmallows... now here's the question - how many other bags did you have with you? :)
Ok that is really funny!!
Once at girls' camp, there was a squirrel and it stole our marshmallows. :)
And I love how dirty Emma was in that picture!
Post a Comment