So, you know how sometimes you have to do a little trickery work to get kids to pick things up? I remember my mom trying all kinds of things to get my siblings and me to clean up messes. Some of the ones I remember are "Let's see how fast you can clean up" "Let's clean up all the blue (or whatever color) things" and "Pick up 10 things".
Well, I kind of thought that as a grownup I didn't need these kind of childish games. I WAS WRONG. I have a problem of looking at a situation and only seeing the whole giant massive problem instead of all the smaller parts that make up the whole. But, when you look at a big job with one of those tricks, it doesn't seem so bad.
I can set a timer and do anything for 15 minutes, even things I hate to do. I can totally pick up 10 or 15 things, or put that many peices of laundry away. And as long as I keep at it at least a little bit every day, I can conquer even the most unpleasant of messes.
So here's to taking things one bite at a time :)
30+ Winning Side Salads to Try This Summer
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment