Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter/ Week 2: Team Heather vs. Team Yuck










We had a a lovely weekend with some family :) Emma experienced her first Easter (technically her 2nd, but you don't really appreciate those kind of things when you are only like 4 months old). I thought for sure she would be afraid of the Easter bunny, or at least that she would be a little worried by him. I was wrong. She thought he was the bee's knees. After he was done saying hi, she tried to follow him. It was kind of funny.

I spent some time thinking about how blessed I am. I have a beautiful funny girl who makes me smile and laugh every day, and a husband who is wonderful and loves me no matter what, and who takes good care of our family. I have a wonderful friends who also make me smile and help me feel better about who I am. I have a great extended family who love me. And I have a loving Father in Heaven who is constantly looking out for me, even when I am silly and don't do things right. I am so THANKFUL for all of these things, and so much more. Thank you to all of you that have blessed my life. I couldn't do it without you.
Now that that's out of my system... My cleaning is not finished. However, I have made some good progress. My kitchen floor is clean for the first time in months. You can actually open my front door all the way without moving a ton of stuff because the entry way is clean. The laundry has been tamed to a small growl instead of a deafening roar. The garbages no longer resemble mountains. I cleaned out the hall closet. There are several garbage bags full of things to get rid of. And one side of my sink is empty and clean :)

So here are the things I am going to work on this week:
Doing the rest of my dishes and enjoy an empty clean sink :)
Find a home for all the annoying things that are floating around in limbo.
Organize some more closets and things.
Vacuum everything.
Get all my craft stuff organized and out of the way.
General cleaning and upkeep.
Banish the remaining piles of stuff.

Wish me luck. I hope you had a good weekend, and that you have a successful week :)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck! The pictures of your house behind Emma looked great!

Carmel said...

hey! amazing progress! Good job! and I think it's awesome that Emma had such a great time with the Easter Bunny. How cute!

Unknown said...

Good luck! You are doing great!

Angela said...

I'm loving this whole challenge. It reminds me so much of myself! I swear I'm gonna get my house under control so often, and even when I work harder at it, It seems to make no difference. If you learn any great tips, let me know.

Jason & Naomi said...

Hey Heather! I just wrote an incredibly lengthy comment and when I went to sign in to post it, it somehow got erased. I hate that! So here goes to Try #2...

I am so glad that I didn't miss the girl party yet! Here's to clean and yet lived in houses! Here's all my excitement and encouragement for you, right here! Here's something that you probably already do but I almost always have to do when I clean. I need MUSIC! Music that makes you get up and move, not the easy listening, I want to take a nap or bake some cookies music. Good luck!!!!

Matt and Kaylin said...

Emma is so cute! I love the pictures of her with the sunglasses. You are doing so great on the house cleaning, much better then me. But every time I read your blog, it re-motivates me. :)

The Crookston Fam said...

Good job on getting your house clean! All of your FB/blog posts help remind me that I need to stay on track too! :) Emma is such a cutie! I love that she tried to follow the Easter Bunny!