Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Late Night Fright

Underwent a traumatic experience last night. I went to to put some clothes in the dryer last night at like 11:30. Our dryer is on the back porch (gotta love aggie village) and it was dark out, so I left the door open so I could see what I was doing. I was shoving the clothes in the dryer trying my best not to drop them all (baby clothes are so stinkin hard to not drop, especially those itty bitty socks) when I heard a noise. I turned around a bird starts attacking my face! I screamed and probably scared all my neighboors (sorry about that everyone). In the meantime Jacob was inside and not decent (we were getting ready for bed) The bird finally decided to leave me alone and flew in the house! Jacob then had to talk some reason into me and get me to stop freaking out (he sort of half succeeded) Then the bird flew around our apartment like a spaz and knocked all kinds of things off of our shelves. I went and hid in the bathroom with the door closed while jacob spent like 10 min getting the dumb thing outside. My heart was beating so fast I think it almost exploded. On the up side of things, Emma stayed asleep during the entire escapade. I want to know why on earth these things seem to only happen to me and ALWAYS at night when I am doing laundry.

Here is the stupid things nest in a vent on our back porch!

This isn't my personl bird, but it's pretty much the same. And don't be fooled into thinking it's sweet or pretty or something because that @#$% thing is pure EVIL!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So sorry to be laughing but that sounds REALLY funny!!! We had a bird fly in our house once too, so crazy!

Shalyce and Jordan said...

This is the most amazing story of my life. I can picture every bit of this happening to you Heather. Oh, what a life.

Unknown said...

Gah, how terrible! (but yet a little bit funny...) We could always hear birds chirping through our kitchen fan, so I lived in fear of this very experience! So sorry it happened to you.

PS -- I use one of the little mesh lingerie bags to keep baby socks all together. You can just toss them all in there as soon as you take them off those adorable toes, and put the whole bag in the washer and then the dryer. I got mine at the $1 store. :)

Heather said...

Oh man Heather! So sorry! I would have been freaking out too!