A couple weeks ago we went to Jacob's older half sisters funeral in Cedar City. Her name was Laura and she was 37 years old. We aren't sure why she died. Jacob's mom is raising 3 of her daughters. We were so glad we could be there to support them and his mom. What a comfort to know that she is at peace, that she can rest, and that she is with people who love her.
Jacob's brother returned from his mission 2 weeks ago. It was nice to be able to see him after 2 years. Emma was only 3 or 4 months old when he left, so he had fun getting to know her over the Easter weekend. It was nice that there was such a positive to offset some of the sad things going on in Jacobs family.
Emma had lots of fun with her family over the Easter weekend. She loves going to visit people. She tells us all the time that she wants to visit her Grandmas and Papa's and that she loves her aunts and uncles and cousins. She even loves and misses their dogs and talks about them. When we came home from our Easter weekend she had an especially hard time. She kept crying because she missed everyone so much and she wanted us to go back to see them "right now!". She had fun finding Easter Eggs, or as she calls them "eggies". She got to find her Easter basket too. In Jacob's family they hide the Easter baskets and everyone has to find them. We had 10 baskets to hide, so we got pretty creative :)
Lately I have been working on packing boxes because we will be moving the first weekend in May. It's just across town to a MUCH bigger apartment. I am excited to be moving on, but we really will miss our ward and the friends we have made. One of the things that makes it easier to leave is that lots of them will be moving too. We have lived in our little cinder block cave for 5 years now, and we've been married for about 6. Can I just tell you, even though I am so excited for a bigger nicer place and I definitely don't want to stay here, I HATE MOVING! It's so much work. And it's super frustrating to try and pack boxes and move stuff around when you are not supposed to lift more than 20ish lbs. because you're pregnant. I am taking it one thing at a time and hopefully we will be ready in time :)
Jacob received and accepted a full time job offer at his job here in Logan. We think it will be a good job for him and for our family. He hasn't finished his research and thesis for his Masters degree yet, but he is working in the mean time as a student until he finishes. We hope he will be all finished by the end of summer semester in August. I am so proud of him for sticking with things and for the years and hours of work he has put in. I intend to throw the hugest party/celebration for him when he is done :) Thank you for all you do sweetheart.
Last weekend I had my baby shower. It was fabulous :) It was so nice to get to see all those that came, especially those from out of town, or that I haven't seen in a long time. If you couldn't make it, I totally understand, but know that you were missed! I really wish I got to see more of my friends and family than I do. Thank You THANK YOU to all everyone did. It couldn't have been better. I feel very blessed to know all you people :) I am only sorry that I was silly and didn't remember to take any pictures.
Fun with playdough. Emma thinks it's hilarious to put it on her nose.



2 comments:
Sounds like you have had (and will have) a whirlwind of change and excitement over these next couple of months! Thankfully it's all good change! I hope things keep going well one day at a time!
You are such an amazing person! I always looked up to you for your humility, patience, and positive attitude. And your crafty-ness and beautiful orange shoes just top it all off. You sure are great!
WOW!!! You guys are BUSY!!! So exciting and I can't wait for your #2, that is awesome! I hope things are going well for you and good luck with the move! :)
Post a Comment