Sitting in the quiet stillness today I came to to know a little bit more about how my Heavenly Father feels about me. The feeling I get in the moments my silly wiggly almost 2 year old lets me hold her, is the feeling of my Saviors love for me. The love and patience of my husband in quiet moments we are together, is the feeling of my saviors love for me. The love and understanding mirrored in someones eyes when they could easily see my imperfections if they chose to is truly the love of Christ.
It is in these moments that I begin to accept the things in my life I know the Lord wants me to learn from. The kind of things that at times are too big in my heart and mind to see beyond. Like loosing my mother, or not being able to have children on my own time table. These moments of tender mercy from above help me to be at peace. I still can't explain those difficult things, but I can feel more and more at peace about them.
I am truly grateful to my Father In Heaven for these moments, and for the people he has placed around me that make them possible. I know My Heavenly Father loves me, and I know that He loves each of you just as much. I know that if we will learn to be still, to calm our emotions, and to listen quietly, He will make known to us many important things, including His love for us.



2 comments:
I thought I commented on this yesterday, but it must not have gone through. Thanks for posting this, I'm going through some 'learning experiences' right now too and it's really hard to understand why things can't happen in our own time frame, but unfortunately that's not how the Lord works. It definitely helps to realize His plan for us and that He gives us these things to help us learn and grow. We should talk one of these days...It's been forever!
I love this!! It is so ture, I need to remember to just be still and remember how much my Heavenly Father loves me and find the ways he shows me. The lord has a paln for our lives even if we cant see or don't understand.
Post a Comment