A Good Story
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (who just so happens to be Utah born and bread. Woot Woot!)
It's kind of a fairy tale sort of story, but not in a juvenile sort of way. There are princesses and kingdoms and wars and magic. The story develops nicely and kept me thoroughly hooked the entire way through. I was pleased with the twists and turns throughout the story, but it didn't seem predictable or trivial at all. I did not get a whole lot of anything else done while I was reading this book, because all I wanted to do was read it :)
My other favorite part: It's the first book in a series of four. I liked them all, but this first one is by far my favorite. I have also really enjoyed Shannon's other works.
Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
I've mentioned this one before, but it's just that good. These are lighthearted, funny and witty. This story is easy enough for a younger reader (like maybe a 8-10 year old) but is just as enjoyable as an adult. The story is about a princess who is fed up will all the stuff and bother that comes with being a princess, and all the things that happen to her as she tries to find her place in life. I have read this book and the other 3 in the series at least 12 times. I never get tired of them, and they are always good for a laugh and a smile. I love watching the main character grow and develop through the book and series, and find myself wanting to be a little more like her.
My other favorite part: Anything by this author. I love the four books in this series the most, but I haven't read anything by her that I didn't like.
One of Victoria Holt's Novels.
If you like a love story, but without all the detailed garbage that seems always to be thrown into books, And you like a mystery, then Victoria Holt is your author. I enjoy a suspenseful book now and again, but I don't handle really scary. Victoria Holt seems to handle and balance that nicely. My favorite of her books I have read is On the Night of the 7th Moon. It's a Kind of German folktale fairy tale. There is intrigue and romance and I thought it was a nice change to what I usually read. Another good one of her's is Mistress of Mellyn it's almost ghost storyish, it sucked me in quite thoroughly.
Magic Kingdom for Sale: SOLD by Terry Brooks. These are sort of magical adventure books, but in a Terry Brooks sort of way. So A manly man would enjoy them just as much as a girly girl. This is the first book in a series of six, the last of which came out a year or so ago. The books offer an interesting mix of today's world and the magical world. They make me smile :)
Good Food
So, good food is important. Seriously it is. Good food, the kind you talk about, think about, and crave has the power to change you. It doesn't just make your taste-buds and tummy happy, It can make your soul happy. It has the power to take you to another time and place. Being stuck in a rut and bored with your food is a bad place to be in more than one way. So, here are some recipes and sources that help keep me (taste-buds, tummy and soul) happy.
The blog Our Best Bites. This is my new best friend. When I am in need of inspiration, this is where I turn. And when using any of their recipes, I don't have to worry about things turning out. They make things very easy and approachable. You can even look at their step by step instructions with pictures. LOVE LOVE LOVE these amazing ladies and their amazing cooking skills. And, you can even buy their cookbook now!!!! (which I have :) My favorite things I have made from them so far are these tasty bites of amazing delicikjo check them out!
The blog Our Best Bites. This is my new best friend. When I am in need of inspiration, this is where I turn. And when using any of their recipes, I don't have to worry about things turning out. They make things very easy and approachable. You can even look at their step by step instructions with pictures. LOVE LOVE LOVE these amazing ladies and their amazing cooking skills. And, you can even buy their cookbook now!!!! (which I have :) My favorite things I have made from them so far are these tasty bites of amazing delicikjo check them out!
My other favorite way to mix it up and find new things, is STEALING! That's right! Ask your friends, family, neighbors, fellow church goers or party attenders for their recipes. You'd be surprised what awesome things you can come up with this way.
Another fun trick is to take an idea of a restaurant dish you love, and try making it at home. You can even google the name of your favorite restaurant dish and find recipes others have created to mimic it. You can have the fun things you go out for, at home :)
A Good Time :)
I LOVE to be crafty and creative. So these are a few of my favorite sites to get ideas for fun projects.
And a great way to get the cool creative materials you want is
Pick Your Plum
they have a daily deal on awesome crafty and home decor stuff.
I could go on with this post all day, but I think this is a good place to start. Hope you all enjoy :)
KSL Studio 5
they have fun projects all the time
Make it and Love it
if you sew, this will be your new favorite site!
How Does She?
These ladies are full of all kinds of cool ideas about all kinds of things.
they have fun projects all the time
Make it and Love it
if you sew, this will be your new favorite site!
How Does She?
These ladies are full of all kinds of cool ideas about all kinds of things.
And a great way to get the cool creative materials you want is
Pick Your Plum
they have a daily deal on awesome crafty and home decor stuff.
I could go on with this post all day, but I think this is a good place to start. Hope you all enjoy :)



3 comments:
Your blog is cute.
Danny LOOOOOOOOVES all of Terry Brooks' books. I should read that one! And those crafty sites are the best, thanks for the links!
You forgot Squidge! She is definitely one of your Favorite things (er, well people that is). :)
Post a Comment