Today I found
joy in a wonderful friend, well really she brings me
joy most days :) When I moved here several years ago I never imagined I would would be so lucky as to make such a wonderful and caring friend. And guess what? She even has the same name as I do. She is never more than about 50 feet away (granted there is a cinder block wall in-between a lot of the time). She was pregnant the same time I was with my baby (our due dates were like 3 days apart) and she helped me be less of a paranoid and scared mess during that process. She shares deals with me, lets me borrow ingredients when I forget something, and lets Emma and me play with her 2 cute kids so that we don't go crazy. She makes me feel like I am more and better than I feel I am. She listens to me when something is bothering me, and because her husband is pretty much in the same stinky school situation as mine she understands about how that can at times as well. She appreciates my silly sense of humor, (like when I put a tutu on my head or try on the most hideous leopard print jacket that is 3 sizes too small). Today we went shopping and just looked at clothes and talked, a completely normal thing, but something I haven't done in such a long time. I didn't even really buy anything, but it brought me
joy. I look forward to a lifetime more of
joy that this friendship has to offer.


4 comments:
Hooray for friends and neighbors all in one! Go Heathers! :)
I agree, both Heathers that i know are wonderful,kind, frienldy, great mom's and all around fantastic women! I'm lucky to know you two ladies!
Aw thanks Heather!!! You're so sweet! I find joy in having you as a neighbor everyday!! :)
Friends help make the world go round! So glad there is another wonderful Heather up there with you!
Post a Comment