So, basically I am addicted to that whole rush of excitement thing that every little kid loves. You know, where every breath you take is laced with anticipation for some wonderful amazing stupendous magical something? Unfortunately, as you get older, this phenomenon seem to become more and more rare, or at least it changes. My cravings for this experience have led me to discover that there are ways I wasn't previously aware of to "get my fix".
Checking the Mail: I know, it probably seems silly, but I always get super excited to see what's inside. Maybe coupons, or a card, or a free sample, or pictures I ordered. Sometimes even something completely unexpected. Sometimes it's yucky bills or forms to be filled out, but you never know...
Giving a Gift: So every parent on the face of the planet tells their children something along the lines of "It's better to give than to receive." And every kid on the face of the planet thinks "yeah right! you must be dumber than a rock!" Well, like so many other things in life, I have realized that my parents knew what they were talking about. I can honestly say I am way more excited to give presents to my cute girl and husband than I am to open my own. I especially can't wait to see the look on my girls face when she opens presents for the first time on Christmas (4 day olds don't posses the coordination to open gifts, so even though it's not technically her first Christmas, it will be her first fun one). I can't wait!
Going on a Date: (with my husband of course) After getting married, dating takes on a whole new light. When you are first married and don't have any kids, it seems kind of like life is one big date. I mean you are with each other all the time. So even when you go on an official "date" it's not so different. Well, now that I have a child and a husband who's schedule is dictated by school and work (leaving him approximately 2.5 hours a day in which he must: sleep, eat, breathe, be daddy, and be husband. OK so maybe it's a tiny bit more than 2.5 hours) There isn't a lot of time left for romance, let alone a date. So I get super excited when I get to go on a for real, no kids, just each other date. It makes me feel important to know I am worth special time and attention from someone who I happen to LOVE!
Learning Something New: Perhaps it's because I'm no longer in school (hallelujah!) but learning new things has taken on a whole new level of enjoyment for me. I love looking for new things to try making or doing. I get really excited when I see something super amazing on a blog or wherever (especially if the instructions are included) that I want to make. My talents have expanded and my repertoire has increased. And as an added bonus, my confidence in my abilities has increased. I look at things in a whole new way now. Instead of wanting to buy things that I like when I see them, I often want to go home and try making it myself :)
Comments on My Blog: I am always excited to see that someone has read what I wrote and didn't think it was totally lame. It feels like I have an audience instead of empty silence. It makes me want to keep doing what I am doing, and to be better. Thanks for the love :)
30+ Winning Side Salads to Try This Summer
2 days ago



4 comments:
I love reading your blog heather. I hope you have a fantastic holiday season!! ( I can't wait to see my little one on christmas either)
I love all of those things too! Especially reading all of your joys on your blog!
Oh my I love checking the mail too! Seriously one of my favorite activities of the day and since I have to walk to our apartment office to check the mail, one of the only reasons I get dressed in the morning. ;)
I love the picture at the top of your blog!!
Post a Comment