Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who I Am

I am not very good at eating breakfast. More often than not, it is closer to lunchtime by the time I manage to put any food into my body, even if I was starving when I woke up. When I do manage to eat breakfast at the time it was intended to be eaten, I usually have a sick tummy. Breakfast for dinner, on the other hand, is scrumptious!



Most days I look like this



But sometimes I look like this



And once upon a time, I looked like this.


I don't just love to create, It's part of who I am. I feel like something is empty and missing when I'm not creating. The need to make things is woven into my soul. It is something I do for me, even if the end result is intended for someone else, the process makes me whole.

I LOVE color, anytime, anywhere. It adds vibrancy and life. It can help create the mood you want a situation to have. It expresses feeling and emotion. My favorite has to be ORANGE followed closely by PURPLE (and it is purple, none of this "violet" business). I'm not too picky though, there isn't really a color I don't like, except maybe puke color or something. My dream job would be working for crayola and naming all the colors :)


I think nectarines are the tastiest most beautiful fruit there is. Sweet and tart at the same time. The most vibrant sunshiny colors. You don't have to peel them because they lack that nasty fuzz peaches have. If I were a fruit, I would be a nectarine. Why wouldn't you love nectarines?

To me, Fall is the absolute best time of the entire year. Perhaps I have come to feel this way because my birthday is in the fall, but I don't think that's why. The weather finally cools down so that it's comfortable outside instead of a million degrees. The leaves turn the most amazingly wonderful colors. You can wear cozy soft warm things. There are PUMPKINS which are good for looking at, carving, and eating. There are lots of other yummy things that come with fall: apples, squash of all kinds, corn, potatoes and oh so much more, that's why they call it harvest time. I love how fall tastes, sounds, feels, looks and smells.



I LOVE being a mom. It brings more joy to my life than anything. I know I'm relatively new to the game, but I can't see myself ever changing my mind. From the time I got my first baby doll, I have been preparing and dreaming of being a mommy. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mother and honestly from the bottom of my heart, there isn't anything I would rather do.It isn't all fun, but it has the best benefits of any job. I have never felt more despair and sorrow than I did during the time we were trying to have a baby. The months kept piling up, each one a bigger disappointment than the last. After a year had gone by, hope seemed to have disappeared completely. I feel so blessed and grateful to have my Emma Rose.


I am an onion HATER. They taste so offensive. They ruin whatever they touch. If they are in something, you know because that is all you taste. And don't even try to convince me otherwise. My dad has been trying to convince me to like them and force feeding them to me in numerous applications for 24ish years, and hasn't succeeded. So don't waste your time.


My sink is pretty much always full of dirty dishes. They are gross. I hate to do them. I do like cooking though, so you might say I'm in a sort of catch 22.


To the dismay of my dear sweet husband, I am a social person. I like finding connections with other people. I like asking people how they do things and discovering new ideas and tricks. I like making other people laugh, and I like when others return the favor.



I am a worrier (as opposed to a warrior). Some days are better than others, but there seems always to be something tugging at the back of my mind that worries me. The health and safety of my family are usually in the top 5 worry list. Other times the silliest things take over my worry list. I think maybe this is partly due to the fact I am a woman.


I am Silly. I have no problem putting a pair of pants on my head or making faces. I still think it's fun to watch cartoons and have water fights. Talking in outlandish voices makes everything funny. If olives still fit on my fingers, that is where I would put them. And no matter how old I get, I will always have an imaginary miniature pink elephant.

7 comments:

The Crookston Fam said...

LOVED this post, Heather! You are so much fun! :)

Heather said...

Love this post Heather!! You are awesome! I love having you as my next door neighbor! You help me stay sane most days! We should hang out tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I love this! You are so sweet. I miss being neighbors! When you are a famous crayon-namer, will you name on after me? ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, typo! How embarrassing. That must mean it's time for bed. That was supposed to say will you name ONE after me, not on. If you are ever in control of changing what we call on-off, I will accept that as well, though. :)

Heather said...

When I am a famous crayon maker, I would love to name one after you Lorene :) Lu Blue perhaps? I'll get working on it.

sweetieabbott said...

These (and more) are all the reason that I love you! But I have to say that the top 3 things that have won me over the most is #3 how social you are which = a really great friend! #2 the fact that you will one day be a famous crayon maker/naming person and #1 the fact that you have and always will have your imaginary miniature pink elephant. You are the best Heather! =]

Rachel said...

I feel sick in the morning too (and not just when I'm pregnant, it's always been like that) so I hate breakfast too. And that picture of all that fabric made me salivate. :)