Friday, June 11, 2010

The Love of Lilacs

I just absolutely love lilacs. They smell heavenly and I adore their color. They look like big puffy purple clouds. We never had a lilac bush at our house growing up, but my grandma did. They are one of my favorite things about spring.
So I was just thrilled when we went out for a Sunday stroll and came across a great big row of beautiful blossoming bushes. I just had to stop and smell them and take a few pictures.
Emma decided she needed to check them out too, though I think she was mostly concerned with trying to eat them. I'm excited to pass on something my grandmother taught my mother to love, and that my mother taught me to love to my own daughter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love lilacs! We have a row of huge lilac bushes right by our house, but just as they were starting to bloom, it snowed and they all died... I'm hoping they'll have another round.

Emma is getting so big! And cuter and cuter!

Heather said...

Aww, thanks Lu :)