We made a trip to St.George last week to see Jacob's mom. While we were visiting, she thought it would be fun to take us to Las Vegas for a day and show us around. We started out at Cesar's Palace. It was the biggest building I have ever seen in my entire life. You could spend a week in it and not see everything. They had this neat indoor aquarium that we sat and watched for a while.

I wish that the lighting had been better for taking pictures. They kept things pretty dark.

It was really neat to watch the ray's swim around. There were a whole bunch of them in there.

Then we went to The Cheesecake Factory.

The menu there is more like a book than a menu. The only pages I bothered to look at were the ones with the CHEESECAKE!!!!!!! It was so hard to decide which kind to get. We all took a long long time to decide.

Stupid me forgot to take a picture of what we ordered because I was caught up in the joy that is cheesecake. So I found pictures other nice people had taken so I could show you just how yummy looking they were. This one is what I ordered. I am drooling even as I type it was sooooo goood. The chocolate raspberry truffle. I haven't stopped craving it since I ate it.

And this is the one Jacob got. It was the fresh strawberry cheesecake. We were so full. They were big pieces of cheesecake. We couldn't even finish them all the way.

Then we headed over to the Belagio. Their lobby had this amazing ceiling. It is covered in thousands of blown glass flowers in all different colors. It was very pretty.

Then we took a walk through their conservatory. It was one of the neatest gardens I've ever seen. They had all sorts of trees and flowers and...

Giant Mushrooms

And Frogs



And LadyBugs

The snail was my favorite.

And Ants

And Bumblebees

And sunflowers

We had lots of fun. It was so stinkin cool!

After that, we trekked over to the MGM Grand to take a look at the MGM lions. Can you spot them in this picture? They are hidden in the background on the right. Our camera struggled with the dim lighting everywhere. Can you tell how much fun Emma was having?

They had this glass tunnel/hallway thing that you could walk through, and the lions were taking a nap right on top of it. So we got just about as close to a lion as we ever will.

Emma liked the gift shop the best. She decided the trip was much better after grandma bought her a stuffed giraffe to play with.

We ended off the day by watching the giant fountain out in front of the Belagio, but I only took video of it, not pictures and blogger didn't want to upload it. So maybe in the future it will be on here. It was really really neat.
It was a great day and Jacob's mom Liz was such a sweetheart to treat us to such a fun day. It was nice to spend time with her and Jacob's sister Jolene. It makes us sad that they live clear on the other side of the state. We wish we got to see them more often.
1 comment:
I LOVE Vegas. It's one of my favorite places to visit. We haven't been there since our honeymoon. I'm so glad you went to the cheesecake factory. It is delicious. Next time you go you have to order the red velvet cheesecake. Mmmmm my mouth is watering just thinking of it. I'm glad you got to have a little vacation, I'm sure it's nice to be home. (not with everything falling apart though) You probably wish you were still on vacation.
Post a Comment