
Well, when the maintenance people came the next day, the lovely individual who checked things out said "Well I don't know what's going on. You should probably move all your furniture and stuff because they will probably tear up your carpet and stuff." That's fantastic! Where am I supposed to put a whole room full of furniture in this shoebox? So we moved what we could and called it good. Then another guy (far more competent) came by to look things over and determined that it was a water heater problem and said they would replace it the next day.

They came back the next day at 9:00am and started the process of getting the new water heater in. I took Jacob to work and ran some errands with Emma so we wouldn't have to be home while they were working on it. When I got home around noon, they were still working on it and there were at least 4 to 5 people there at a time doing who knows what. They kept having problem after problem (I have a hunch it was lack of knowledge on the part of the people) and they didn't finish until 3:00pm! The whole time they were there the water was shut off so I couldn't cook, clean, or bathe. I was happy to have them done and gone.

Well something started causing our toilet to go into fits (my guess was all the playing around with the water when they were fixing the water heater) So they had to come back the next day to fix that. Luckily that was a 10 minute job.

Then Saturday morning our heater kicks on and is blowing only cold air and will not shut off no matter what we do. So they had to come back again. (I was starting to feel really stupid answering the door for the maintenance guys) He informed us that the part required to fix our heater was out and they wouldn't be able to order any more until at least fall, so I guess It's a good thing it's getting warmer. Last night was a bit chilly though at 65 degrees in our house.

To top off our wonderful housing experience, they have closed our parking lot twice now, this time for a whole week with the intention of resurfacing and repainting. Does it really take that long to resurface a parking lot? And shouldn't they actually work on it? Well after a week of hauling a heavy baby and carseat not to mention groceries and such THEY DIDN"T EVEN WORK ON THE PARKING LOT ONCE!!!!!!!!!! So I guess we get to continue parking clear over in Antarctica until the dingbats manage to get it done.

I am starting to wonder what will go out next. One of the burners on our stove isn't working, but I am going to make due for a while. I'm afraid that they are going to think I'm some sort of lonely weirdo who breaks things on purpose just so they will come.



6 comments:
Ugh, that sounds horrible. We've been lucky that our apartment is newer because our landlord is an older single woman, who everytime there's a problem she calls Jordan or another neighbor. I hate telling her there's problems. Hopefully you won't be there too much longer. That stuff is such a pain.
oh aggie village, we will not miss the housing, but we will miss our friends! let's hope it fixes a lot of the big stuff so you dont have to do that again before you move in a year or so... :)
p.s. I miss you. can we hang out sometime?
What a week for you! HAHAHA!!! Tim and I were laughing our heads off the whole time we were reading this!! I laughed til I cried! Oh the joys of AV!!
Oh we liked your pictures too! They were great!
Well, at least in AV they come soon, even if it takes them forever! Our landlord is so slooow about getting things fixed. Except for when we had our little flood. Other than that, slooow. Our leaky faucet may never get fixed. :(
What a pain! We are definitely glad to not live in those apartments anymore, but we sure miss you guys and all of our other great friends!
Post a Comment