So, I accidentally discovered a new culinary delight (well I think so anyway) I decided to make chocolate chip cookies tonight. The recipe I love and use every time now calls for a box of vanilla instant pudding mix. I did a lot of testing of chocolate chip recipes to find the right one (for some reason I always had problems with my choco chip cookies coming out correctly) Well, anyway, I started making my cookie dough. I went to grab what I thought was vanilla pudding mix only to find it was banana instead. So, I decided "Why the heck not?"and added it in anyway.
Well ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce, they are stinking good! The banana flavor isn't too strong, it just adds a fun new twist to them. I will be repeating this in the future and adding some banana chip pieces (and maybe if my husband isn't looking, some nuts) I promise you will not be disappointed with this recipe if you try it. You might even try adding chocolate pudding mix and make chocolate chocolate chip cookies :)
Amazingly Wonderful Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
2 1/4 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 cup butter (softened) 1/4 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup light brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla 1 package (4 serving size, small box) vanilla instant pudding mix (just open the box and dump it in) or use banana or chocolate flavor
2 eggs
1 package chocolate chips (I usually only use 2/3 of a package)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Mix your butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs together until smooth. Then add your baking soda, flour, and pudding mix and mix until you have a dough. Then add your chocolate chips and nuts (and banana chips if you are adding them) and mix until they are evenly distributed. Put dough in ping-pong ball size balls on a cookie sheet (I ALWAYS line mine with parchment paper, cookies never stick, and I don't have to wash the cookie sheet). The dough does not spread a lot while cooking. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, just until lightly golden. Then you eat them, and share with your friends and family (if you are feeling nice, wink wink)

2 eggs
1 package chocolate chips (I usually only use 2/3 of a package)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Mix your butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs together until smooth. Then add your baking soda, flour, and pudding mix and mix until you have a dough. Then add your chocolate chips and nuts (and banana chips if you are adding them) and mix until they are evenly distributed. Put dough in ping-pong ball size balls on a cookie sheet (I ALWAYS line mine with parchment paper, cookies never stick, and I don't have to wash the cookie sheet). The dough does not spread a lot while cooking. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, just until lightly golden. Then you eat them, and share with your friends and family (if you are feeling nice, wink wink)



4 comments:
Yum! I love a good chocolate chip cookie and banana doesn't sound like a bad addition to me!
Holy crud, those look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I've gotta make them, for sure!
YUM! I don't have the bananas in house, but I have the chocolate chips. Is it wrong if I just eat them straight out of the bag, and work on the batter another time?
seriously, those cookies will be made in this house.
Thanks for sharing them with us! They WERE Delicious!!! :)
Post a Comment