Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Joy of Laughter

I love a good laugh. There is no way you can't feel better after laughing your guts out. Unfortunately, I don't take the time to do it as often as I used to. Some of my best memories and warmest feelings come from time spent laughing together with family and friends. I don't think I have a friend that I haven't laughed with. Here are a handful of memories that involve laughter.

My best friend growing up, Annie Vanorden, and I spent tons of time laughing, but one of the silliest things we used to do was dress Annie up in every item of dressup and dance clothing she had and then stuff pillows inside to make her look like a "fat old lady". We thought we were hilarious. I am super bummed out that we don't have picture of it.

In high school my dear friend Bethany Bastian (Abbott) would give me rides to school in the morning. I remember one especially cold and frosty winter morning, the roads were very icy. The van Bethany was driving kept slipping and sliding, end every time it did Bethany would go "eeee eee eeeee" I still think it's funny.

One of my favorite ways to get a good laugh is to read my friend Rachel Gunnel's blog. She finds the best funny pictures and has such a way of saying things. More than once her posts have put me into hysterics. My very favorite is when she posted pictures from when she was in china and went to a sort of glamor shots kind of place. I laughed so hard I cried. I always get excited when she posts something new. (seriously that post is hilarious check it out. http://alittlebitofkooky.blogspot.com/2010/04/glamour-shots-gone-wild.html

There are probably about a million more things I could post about moments spent in laughter with good friends and family, but I only have so much time. I would love for you to leave your favorite memories of laughter with me as comments :)

Here are a couple pictures that make me laugh.

4 comments:

Cookie said...

Ha ha ha ha.....I love to think of the schene in Mary Poppins where Uncle Albert starts floating because he laughs so hard!

Carmel said...

hehe. I love Rachel's blog too. I am glad we can make each other laugh. Sometimes that's all it takes to turn the day around.

Debra Hawkins said...

Laughter is the best medicine. :) I love that glamor shots post too. Even thinking about it makes me smile!

The Crookston Fam said...

I was just going to post pretty much the exact thing Debra just said. ha ha. Laughing is the best!